Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Lockbox, Spontaneous Letters and Cuteness

Now that Jr is allowed a bit of time in the bathroom alone we decided we should lock up our medications instead of just putting them up high. Mr. Blackbird made this lock box out of scrapwood. It's made to fit into our medicine cabinet but I think it's almost too nice looking to tuck away. It's hard to get a nice picture but the stain and sheen are really nice and I like the dovetails on the edges.







Blackbird Jr was also accomplished this week. He doesn't have much interest in drawing or writing so I haven't pushed it but while he and Mr Blackbird were in the garage he was colouring on some scrap wood and asked how to spell his cousin's name. Mr Blackbird told him and then he realized Jr was writing it down. I think this is the first time Jr has written anything that wasn't hand-over-hand.



And my cats are being ridiculously cute today.



And yes, I'm aware that posting pictures of my cats on my blog indicates a strong possibility of me being a future Cat Lady. I'm okay with that.

3 comments:

Rebecca McKay said...

I have so many comments...you're cats look like I could snuggle up with them and go to sleep.
The box is beautiful!
And YAHOOO BBJ...way to go on the printing! Very nice!

The MIKK Family said...

Those are some awesome letters! They are so funny with their quirks, Mr K only writes letters on the steamy bathroom mirrors now after bathtime.He has no interest in paper anymore. Wood tho, that's a new one, just like talented Daddy it appears!

miss b said...

way to go blackbird jr. that is an accomplishment for sure! :)