Wednesday, September 2, 2009

September

I want to write something sentimental and charming to talk about Jr's introductory day of kindergarten and the end of summer but don't have it in me tonight. Instead, I am thinking about watching this:




If you haven't seen it, you should go watch it. It's very funny.

To summarize, Jr's first day went well. There was a bit of pre-jitter panic in the hallways but once we entered the classroom he became interested in a schoolhouse dollhouse and was fine. I introduced a supersonic kiss, inspired by The Kissing Hand, for him to hold if he needed it while I was away and Polo was stashed in his backpack.

We had a blast this summer and really made the most of the warm weather. We went to the beach, the zoo, on the streetcar, Fort Edmonton (although I could have done without that last trip which ended in a total meltdown), a bit of camping and lots of visiting with friends and family.

September is bringing few changes into our household, so I'll be relieved once we settle into the new routine. My childcare charges for the last 2 years are moving on and I have started a new job working with a few community projects in the city. I'll be doing a bit of after-school care as well this year, and I'm looking forward to new creative projects and games to go along with that.

My creative energy has returned but I'm in the middle of several incomplete projects- embroideries, sewing and a dollhouse renovation. The last one is particularly fun as I've told Jr there is a new family waiting to move into the dollhouse once it's ready but who they are will be a surprise. I'll update with pictures as the projects are completed and I'm feeling an interest in taking on a larger project soon as well.

Now I'm off to watch Shaun fend off hungry zombies while doing a bit of stitching. Tomorrow I hope to spend some time reading with E in my birthday gift of a hammock in the backyard as our last day home together before school starts in full.

2 comments:

Keet said...

That sounds really nice MamaBird!
September is always a time for starting or finishing for me, often both. Anyway, I'm glad babyBird enjoyed school... :D

Karlynn said...

Did I miss your birthday? And if so, when are we going out for dinner and a movie to celebrate??

Happy belated! I suck!