
A made some bibs and a placemat on it so far. I'll be selling these at a friends' yoga studio, with the money saving up towards funding a community gift through Plan Canada.

Lastly, a silly snack we made plenty of last month for Halloween. Banana ghosts: add 3 chocolate chips to half a banana for an eyes and a mouth. Easy-peasy.
6 comments:
awesome!!! i love doing bibs- what do you like to line with?
beautiful embroidery as always, and i particularily like the quilt piece!
I actually use old towels where the edges are fraying for lining- or as I call it on my sales tags "repurposed terrycloth".
Blackbird
I love it! Can you make me a t-shirt with Team Jacob on it?! LOL!
Nice job on the new old sewing machine, I love my mom's 70's Sears one, best machine ever for non-sewers like myself.
The bananas are way too cute!
She's beautiful! I am continually on the hunt for an old machine, I live in retirement central though so I think all the old biddies hang on to them!
Fern- keep an eye out, I was able to get this other sewing machine for free as well:
http://blackbirdpieblog.blogspot.com/2008/02/vintage-singer-sewing-machine-score.html
It was from someone who was moving from her home into a nursing home for elderly people and she couldn't take it with her.
-Blackbird
Post a Comment