Mr. Blackbird scored me this pretty baby off of craigslist- for free! They said it works but I am going to get a new power cord and a copy of the manual, can't wait to start using it!
Janice- it really depends on what condition the machine is in, as well as the condition of the cabinet. They could be worth from 30 dollars to well over a hundred, from what I've seen on eBay.
Do you happen to know what model your machine is? Also what size/type bobbins it uses? I have one jsut like it and went to use my new package of bobbins but they are the wrong size! I can't find anything about it... *Sigh*
I had one exactly like this in the 1950s - and I still use the cabinet to stand my present machine on - I can't remember what I did with the machine that was originally in there! Connie.
9 comments:
For Free? Wholey crap! My Grandma has one of those with a huge metal foot petal, no stool and in worse shape than yours!
That's awesome!
cool beans!
How old do you thing this item is workth?
Janice- it really depends on what condition the machine is in, as well as the condition of the cabinet. They could be worth from 30 dollars to well over a hundred, from what I've seen on eBay.
Do you happen to know what model your machine is? Also what size/type bobbins it uses? I have one jsut like it and went to use my new package of bobbins but they are the wrong size!
I can't find anything about it...
*Sigh*
Eliea- it's model 15-91. Not sure about the bobbins, when I took it in for servicing they picked some out for me.
When I knew the model, I was able to purchase an original manual for it on eBay for under 10$ that was really helpful too.
I had one exactly like this in the 1950s - and I still use the cabinet to stand my present machine on - I can't remember what I did with the machine that was originally in there! Connie.
What model is your machine? I think I have the same one. Have you found a source for parts?
Post a Comment