Sweet Valley High is being rereleased for a new generation of girls to read and obsess over. Been there, done that. All SVH critique aside, here are the upcoming changes to the books:
The girls will drive a Jeep Wrangler instead of the fiat.
Liz will be the editor of the school's website (her character previously edited the school paper) and she will have an anonymous blog.
and..
the girls will now be "a perfect size 4", instead of having their "perfect size 6 figures".
Gah.
I think I will stick to reading The Dairi Burger, a blog devoted to rereading SVH with recaps that make me laugh outloud.
Excerpt:
Meanwhile Jessica finds out that local tv star Jeremy Frank (are there really local tv stars? Who actually watches public access?) has broken his leg so Jessica convinces Liz to volunteer to be a candy striper with her. Jess acts like an ass if front of Jeremy and keeps hurting him and spilling stuff on him. She even walks in on him naked. It’s crazy! I thought everyone in Sweet Valley had no genitals.
Thursday, March 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment