
The good news:
The health care system got an A+ as I called my GP to ask about evening walk-in hours at the clinic and they asked if I could be there for an appt in 40 minutes. Yes, yes I could. My Dr. has a great bedside manner and even drew the smiley face on my bandage for Jr. It later bled through a bit and it looked like Mr. Booboo had a head wound.
It doesn't hurt much unless I bang it on something. What's really weird is how fast I am adapting to typing without my middle right hand finger. It's probably good exercise for my brain, which apparently could use some exercise since I thought it would be okay to operate a mandolin without the guard.
I am also suspecting this is further proof that cooking and I don't really get along.
5 comments:
Ouch! Glad you are okay though :)
Yeesh!!! That musta hurt! Glad you didn't take your whole finger off LOL!
:)
YAY! good doctor, sad finger. What is a mandolin and why did it hurt you?
I thought a mandolin was for music?!
Keith, it's a special slicer for veggies and things, like a board with a blade in it. I did a search and I guess it's pretty common to injure knuckles or fingertips and some chefs will use masking tape or special gloves to protect their fingers when using one. It came with a guard, which I stupidly didn't realize was a guard and I thought it was just supposed to help you hold the veggies.
If you look at the top of my finger from above the cut looks like a perfect letter C.
Yikes. I'm glad you're okay too. Stitches...it must've have been a pretty bad cut.
Post a Comment