
She not only sent me a craft (the very pretty blue and red wristcuff) but materials to make more crafts. She knows me well! I am going to use the pink fabrics for a placemat for me, maybe with some chicken scratch on the pink gingham. The pendant is made for me to put my own cross stitch design on, which I am nerdily excited about.
I wanted to mention Swap Bot in this post. I was the organizer of this Spring Craft Swap and I found swap bot really useful. I'm signed up for 2 more swaps at present, one with friends and the other an open swap I found through the site. Most of the swaps are crafty, but not all as people swap books, music, food and other items. The international swap I am signed up for is to send packets of hot chocolate so we can try different kinds of cocoa from around the world. So far I have purchased some gourmet cocoa from a regular grocery store, Second Cup brand cocoa and I want to try and get some individual sachets of Cocoa Camino hot cocoa too, especially if I can find their chili spice kind. Yum! With swap bot people get feedback once their packages arrive, which cuts down on people flaking out and not sending, which is nice. If you like goodies in the mail, check it out.
1 comment:
I've signed up for 3 swaps on swapbot (1 book, and 2 music). Thanks for mentioning the site to me, I'm really excited :)
Post a Comment