
Sometimes projects just do not work out the way you had envisioned them. A few weeks ago I eyed up a new coffee mug in a Second Cup coffee shop as it had a built in coffee press. I have a coffee maker that I really like, but since I gave up drinking coffee daily (sob) I usually only have a cup of decaf on the days I
want need coffee. It's a pain to use the whole coffeemaker and all it's parts for one cup and because I am
lazy efficient, I thought the one cup press would be a good deal. Plus, it had a clear insert so I was interested in making some kind of fabric design to go in it. I spent part of yesterday afternoon cutting and sewing together small strips of red and white fabric, planning on making a vertical striped patchwork insert for the cup. I finished the patchwork, ironed a firm interfacing on the back and hemmed the edges 1/4" only to realize there was no way it was going to fit in the cup as the insert area was meant for paper, not fabrics with 8 seams. Sigh. At least I hadn't spent days embroidering a fancy insert, which was my other idea. So I made a simple insert buy cutting one peice of brocade and not hemming it. Pretty! I made felt-backed bookmarks with the leftover patchwork scraps.
No comments:
Post a Comment