
Second minor miracle- I found my mp3 player. It's been missing since oh, February. I have searched and searched for it, knowing it was in the house somewhere. I gave up on it as lost and used credit card points to order a gift card for an electronics store to replace it. Thankfully I haven't yet spent the card, because I found the player yesterday. I was cleaning a shelf adjacent to the bathroom wall where stuff was getting knocked off and found it. I had searched that shelf before, but it's very small and must have gotten stuck behind or under something else.
Last minor miracle- the return of my vintage sewing machine. I took it in for servicing in early June and they told me it would be done in a week. I went in on the pickup day and they said "well, I don't know what's going on because the technician hasn't done any work on it. I'll get him to call you". No one called. This repeated itself every week for another month until I got fed up and went in and asked to either get an update or I was taking it home. Can I mention that I suck at confrontation? I had thought out what I wanted to say and the salesperson was really nice, but something about demanding to know what was going on or I was taking my machine home made me start to fight back tears, which was probably somewhat alarming for the salesperson. The salesguy did call back and told me that they needed parts, which was what the delay was about. When I asked why they couldn't have told me that sooner I got a big fat "I don't know". Okay, long boring post intervention needed again- I took the machine to a different store and they were done it in a few days and I have it back!
No comments:
Post a Comment