Blackbird Jr heading off into the corn maze. The picture makes the corn look shorter, it's actually about 6 ft tall. Older kids can go into the larger maze in the dark with flashlights- fun!

This goat was very determined to eat some tree leaves.

Baby goats are stinking cute.

So are little bunnies. They had a whole petting zoo there but I think I wanted to go see the baby animals more than Jr.

A costumed dragon. I thought it was pretty neat, but Blackbird Jr was a little scared. Probably because it pretended to bite the princess' head.

The odd but fun enchanted forest. There is a mattress buried under those wood chips and I yelped when I stepped on it, even though I knew it was there from last time.



Tractor rides to the big maze. We just went for the ride.

Picking berries.

Our haul. I could eat my weight in fresh raw peas, I think I will go to a u-pick again sometime this summer and get more. In the bottom left corner are the supplies for the "craft" Blackbird Jr chose to do- putting candy on a skewer stick.

We hadn't been to this festival before but I'd definitely go again next year. The fun activities for Blackbird Jr plus the u-pick yummies for me were well worth it. Plus, where else in Alberta can you see a singing skeleton band in August?
No comments:
Post a Comment