Last night just as I was falling asleep I was awakened twice by the feeling of a cat running across the back of my calves and curling up behind my back. Freaky! I was half asleep and telling myself "put your hand behind your back!" to check if a cat was really there (we usually shut the door to the bedrooms at bedtime and I wondered if one cat was left in) but I was so tired it took a while before I could finally fling my arm back and realize no cat. That was creepy so I went back to sleep, only to have it happen again. I can still sort of feel today where the sensation was across the back of my legs.
I don't think it really was a ghost cat though*. I did think briefly of my favourite kitty who died last year but she was much lighter than how this felt and she used to jump across me and cuddle up near my arms, not against my back. This felt exactly how my fat orange cat stomps across me and sleeps against my back in the morning, so it was some weird physical memory reasserting itself just as I went to sleep. Thanks, brain.
This happened to me once before when I was home alone and it felt like someone grabbed my hand. That was much creepier.
* I know all the non-believers read that and go "duh, really?" Lol.
Friday, November 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
A friend of mine scared herself silly one night because she thought someone had touched her hand at night. It turns out it was her other hand. Hee.
I will occasionally jerk awake with that same feeling on my legs, but after I thought about it and paid attention I realized that it is just how my legs jerk as if to catch myself from falling when I get that odd sensation in a semi-asleep state.
I've had that falling feeling too while sleeping- it's pretty fascinating how our brains function when we are asleep.
Post a Comment