I also love my new sandals from MEC. Comfortable and sturdy enough for my long jaunts.
Cocoa Camino's Chili & Spice Hot Chocolate. Seriously spicy. Yum.

Old cemeteries. I love the history and seeing the different kinds of artwork. I once found an old tombstone in Scotland with an hourglass, skull and scarab on it from the 17th century. I am going to drop in on some of the local tours here this summer.

Photo by flickr user corriegirl
Edmonton Cemetery Tour $5/person
Enjoy a guided tour of Edmonton’s first and
oldest cemetery, located on 118th Street
and 107th Avenue. This site contains the
City’s oldest and most architecturally diverse
monuments, and many of the City’s original
settlers and founders are buried here. Dress
for the weather, and wear comfortable walking
shoes. Insect repellent is recommended. Pre-
register or drop in.
324049 July 8 (WED) 7 – 8:30 pm
324050 July 22 (WED) 7 – 8:30 pm
324051 July 29 (WED) 7 – 8:30 pm
324052 Aug 5 (WED) 7 – 8:30 pm
324053 Aug 19 (WED) 7 – 8:30 pm
Beechmount Cemetery $5/person
Established in 1914, Beechmount Cemetery
was the first cemetery started by the City of
Edmonton rather than by a private company.
With its tree-lined roadways, impressive salute
to veterans and many monuments representing
a variety of languages and religious
backgrounds, this cemetery provides a strong
sense of Edmonton’s multicultural community.
Located at 12420-104 Street. Dress for the
weather, wear comfortable walking shoes, and
bring insect repellent.
324054 July 14 (TUE) 7 – 8:30 pm
324055 Aug 11 (TUE) 7 – 8:30 pm
Mt. Pleasant Cemetery
$5/person
Enjoy a tour of this hill-top graveyard. Offering
a commanding view of the southside and
downtown, Mt. Pleasant Cemetery, located at
5420-106 Street, contains many prominent
members of the town of Strathcona and
helps tell the story of this turn-of-the-century
boomtown. Dress for the weather, and wear
comfortable walking shoes. Insect repellent is
recommended. Pre-register or drop in.
324056 July 16 (THU) 7 – 8:30 pm
324057 July 30 (THU) 7 – 8:30 pm
324058 Aug 13 (THU) 7 – 8:30 pm
324059 Aug 20 (THU) 7 – 8:30 pm
I love that it's finally Spring. I've been outside so much, walking and riding my bike. This morning we were at John Janzen and it was nice to explore the trails and pond without all the snow. We also saw across the river valley trail that Fort Edmonton is getting ready for the season. We watched workers move a streetcar from a flatbed truck onto the streetcar tracks with a crane and Jr was excited to see the Fort's train station.
4 comments:
I love... this post! :)
I miss my bike so much and need to get a new-used one.
Thanks for posting those cemetery tours, I think they would be neat to go on...
Very cool, I would be up for the cemetery tours!
I laughed too because I took pics of my pretty new sandals yesterday and was going to post them! We're kinda spring crazed!
I have a tagalong bike that looks a lot like that. It's a hand me down from Sebby to Zach, and I love it.
It is a little harder to maneuver with it on, but it's fun and an extra workout.
OH! I just saw the trail a bike on sale in a flyer somewhere. I'll have to re look through them and email you if I find it!
Post a Comment