Just Christmas - Global Fair Trade Marketplace
Friday November 23: 5:30 - 9PM
Saturday November 24 9:30 - 5PM
New Location !!!
Alberta Avenue Community Hall, 9210-118 Ave Edmonton
Cost: by donation, free parking
Questions? Contact: 669-0524
Just Christmas is a cooperative venture of local people who want to make a
difference in communities around the world through the sale of fair trade
goods. Find unique items and enjoy food, entertainment and fair trade
documentaries.
The Edmonton based choir, Notre Dame Des Bananes will perform songs of
peace, freedom and equality on Friday Nov. 23 at 7 pm. Fair trade
documentaries provided by Earth¹s General Store will be screened throughout
the day on Saturday Nov. 24.
Our feature films are Black Gold, an investigation into the international
coffee trading system and the lives of coffee growers in Ethiopia, and Life
and Debt, a portrayal of the relationship between Jamaican poverty and the
practices of international lending agencies, as well as the consequences of
globalization.
Just Christmas is an interesting and informative event that provides much
needed funds for positive community development in the global south through
fair trade. Join us!
www.justchristmas.org
Friday, November 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
ugh, i missed this. did you go?
No, I was out of town visiting my new nephew.. nice visit but I was also disappointed I missed the fair trade show. I am going to stop by Ten Thousand Villages on Whyte though for some holiday stocking stuffers.
Post a Comment