Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Adventures of Polo

Blackbird Jr's new favourite books are The Adventures of Polo and Polo: The Runaway Book by Regis Faller. They are written comic book style with few words (if any) and with plenty of action. Here are a few panels:






There is also a Polo website, which is lots of fun and full of surprises. There are little aliens hiding and you can also find Polo doing different things around the site. As well, there is a printable boat craft (which we've assembled), colouring pages to print and games if you click on the right things. Jr's favourite is to find the aliens that play music when you click them.

I picked up a couple of blank shirts and Blackbird Jr requested a Polo one so this is what I made, using one of the colouring sheets as a pattern:



3 comments:

The MIKK Family said...

I LOVE love love the shirt,it is adorable! You did such a great job and I am hoping that Mr K forgets ALL about it because I am not attempting one myself lol!

Unknown said...

ha ha! You could always use iron-on printer sheets :)

Ani said...

i was scouring the internet for polo dolls (or ideas for making one) since we just discovered the book and we love it.

your shirt is lovely! thanks for tipping us off to the coloring pages...we like the aliens too.