My stupid cross stitch sampler I've been working on is one of the biggest time sucks I've ever made. I spent hours designing it on graph paper, cutting and pasting with scissors and glue, only to find out when I scanned and printed the design the grid got messed up in the process. I was about to copy it all out again by hand when Mr Blackbird suggested I look for a computer program. Found a cross stitch program for macs, spent two or three evenings after Jr went to bed uploading and editing the design. Finally was happy with it so I saved it and went to print it. Started stitching last night only to stitch for 2 hours (2 eps of Six Feet Under, naturally) and realize for whatever reason the program had printed off an old version of the chart that was missing a bunch of stuff. I started up the program this morning and my final version isn't there. WTF, I know I clicked save, lots of times. And because I've done a few rows in the middle of my aida cloth, it'll be all stretched out if I remove the stitches, so I need to go back to the store and buy another large piece of aida cloth. Because fucking Michael's put our smaller craft stores out of business (I used to be able to walk to a small craft store) I have to drive 30 minutes again to get more aida cloth.
Just had to complain. I've put more than 10 hours into this project already and now am back to the computer drawing board to try to update my design again. Bah.
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment